When you go through the setup wizard in the app - you should see "Choose Your Monimoto" tab. You should see your the serial number of your device, as shown on the label. Tap the red + sign and let the device do the rest.
Double check if the batteries are inserted and that the plastic pull tab is removed. If you do not see your Monimoto device on list, tap rescan. If needed, perform that several times. If you see an error message at the bottom, the first thing to do is to restart the Bluetooth on your phone (switch it off and back on), and try to pair again. Some phone models, especially the ones with 6.0.1 Android version, require multiple attempts to connect.
Additionally, if you do not see the device in the "Choose Your Monimoto" tab, try to clean cache and data:
1. Open Settings menu in your phone.
2. Find Monimoto App in the menu, then locate the app.
3. Tap on Storage and clear the data.
If you are still stuck, try this sequence:
1. Switch off the Bluetooth on your phone or try to restart your phone.
2. Switch on Bluetooth.
1. Turn your Bluetooth OFF, wait for at least 5 seconds, and turn it back ON. Try this a couple of times if the first time doesn't resolve the issue.